Do you know the difference between fitness and health?


health and fitness


One of my biggest desires for 2018 was to figure out what it means to “care” for myself, in a way that is both easy and effective. I wanted to find something that could be used with all my daily needs and interests—but also help me get through those most demanding days of work and school, and make sure I wasn’t going to burn myself out. Something that would give me enough time to enjoy life, without feeling like I’m wasting it by overdoing things—or being stressed by not doing anything interesting. When I decided on this “care” thing, I did some digging. Here are some ways I’ve been caring for myself, in a way that doesn’t leave me at my desk working away, but still leaves enough time for the things I enjoy.

My Morning Routine

I usually start with morning meditation and write down whatever thoughts or feelings arise for me. After a few minutes, I have a nice cup of coffee and sit down to write. If I’m feeling good, then I might try taking a couple of extra minutes and meditating. Then I get up and go get into another room to read or watch cartoons a bit more during the day. Not too often, but if it seems necessary, I sometimes do. This routine helps me stay focused and keeps me from dwelling on any little issues. It keeps me busy and engaged, so that later in the day when it comes time to work I can be my best self. When I don't think about work very often, fitness and health I’m able to focus on other important items other than our deadlines. Having these routines helps me get my priorities straight, and makes sure I focus more on enjoying my life.

A quick meal for me takes place at least once a week. To avoid making decisions in too much rush, a snack (or two) is enough to give me just enough time to think before I eat dinner. Sometimes, I’ll also stop to consider what else I need to do in my day; whether I need to get out of bed, get ready, and shower my clothes. Sometimes, I’ll find myself hungry again after doing all of those early tasks before dinner. That’s okay, because while I’m cooking I know everything will be done, and I won’t be worrying about the next task. Then, when I start to feel more hungry again, I switch back to my routines. After getting through all these different activities, I’ll settle into reading a book or watching TV.

A lot of time is needed to do a full-body workout. Once we’re done with an exercise, we want to stretch a bit and recover. So, sometimes I’ll skip right to something else. Other times, I’ll take 10 minutes to stretch and catch my breath. My yoga teachers had helped me a great deal, so I use the same method from here on. Nowadays, I take things outside of class during the work day. We take a walk around the mall sometimes, or simply spend time relaxing on the couch. Even with so many busy people, there’s enough time to take care of ourselves before we fall asleep.

Sometimes it’s hard to say no to someone helpful. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to spend as much time with people that genuinely care about me (it happens sometimes), without having to worry about putting it all on me. But sometimes they don’t give enough time for themselves or me to fully appreciate someone or something. People that I’ve worked with are always willing to give me some time (some say “just one more” or “just a second”) to be nice to them. So, I give you what is necessary for your need, which can be a few extra minutes or even a moment. Sometimes, when someone’s nice, I just have to be grateful for all the time I’m given.



health and fitness



Other Thoughts In 2017

I wish I could’ve had all the answers back then, but as I’ve taken these things into account, and tried different things, I’ve realized how much I would like to have done them sooner. Maybe, I should give more thought to my mornings, and set up some sort of system of routines that I follow each day. A morning routine, then, can make a huge difference in how many hours I put into creating that perfect environment that will allow me to enjoy myself, and get things done right from the beginning of the day to after my responsibilities are over. These routines can boost my mood, so I’ll get up earlier, and get things done faster. Maybe, I should be thankful for every minute I get to spend with a person who truly cares. More than that, though, I’d love to figure out ways to do a better job of giving my time to others.

I think in general, I’ve become more comfortable with letting people help me a little. There’s more that I can learn by helping them, rather than trying to force them to do it for me. But if there’s nobody who can teach me things, then I probably can’t stand to wait around. As long as possible, I need to just let some things go instead. Also, I need to be careful that I don’t get waste time and effort going to places that aren’t necessary. Most of us, whether we realize it or not, can only learn anything by trial and error. That’s why I think in terms of people and experiences rather than things and results. While I try to remember that I shouldn’t judge someone’s ability too soon, especially if I think they’re genuinely nice (which isn’t often the case in the real world), I’d still prefer to do things differently. On the whole, doing certain things is hard, and getting things done well is harder. That’s why most of my best ideas come when I’m alone or in my company.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ecommerce website development

Super SEO Responsive

What is search engine optimization?